Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Luke Slept Great Last Night!

It truly amazes me that just a few specific rules about where and how Luke can have his sippy cups could have such an impact in only one day! I'm grateful that the doctor carefully laid out the new plan directly to Luke, and he's not really questioning it. By making him sit at the table with his drinks and offering food at the same time, he's actually eating! He's been such a picky eater up to this point that I really had trouble getting him to try anything; he just wanted juice or milk. I realize that he simply got used to always having a drink handy.

Today, he asked for milk on the couch and I simply said "No. The doctor said it's not good for you." And he accepted it as fact! And I really wasn't expecting him to eat better as a result of the 'Plan', but he's now associating drinking at the table with food. How awesome!

So, last night I did have a little trouble getting him to stay in bed initially, but he was asleep by 10:30. I told him there would be no drinks in the night. "The doctor said it's not good for you." Then I didn't see or hear from him until 5:00 am! Truly a record. That's when Marty gets up to go to work and he usually wakes up at this time. The cool thing is that he just climbed into bed with me and never asked for a drink! I changed his diaper in the dark, then we both slept until almost 7:30. Very nice!

And today he's been eating and drinking at the table and even now sits with us during meals. Lots of added benefits with this plan, so I'm highly recommending it for anyone who's having trouble getting their kids to eat or sleep well.

Thanks again for all the prayers and encouragement!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Skerrib said...

That's great! I love it that the doc told him directly. Docs are sort of like little-g-gods to kids, I think.

I never would've thought that about sippy rules either, but it sounds like it's working great. Yay for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home