Friday, August 01, 2008

A Hectic Week

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Apparently our entire family has been under spiritual attack. (We must be doing something right in serving the Lord!) It started almost 2 weeks ago with Marty breaking out in the worst case of hives we've ever seen. Then Luke ended up at Urgent Care with a high fever on Monday. Fortunately, his fever is practically gone now and he's doing much better. He shouldn't be contagious past tomorrow.

I've had Mastitis twice now, and it's been really painful this time around. I have 2 more doses of antibiotics which I hope will knock it out once and for all. Then I ended up with a yeast infection on top of that. And yesterday I messed up my upper back which has been causing horrible headaches.

I'm also in the midst of food allergy testing. So far, I'm allergic to eggs and corn which is in almost everything. I'll find out later today if I'm allergic to milk, soy, wheat, and a few others. They've discovered that I reacted so badly to allergy shots in the past because I'm allergic to glycerin, which is in most lotion, soap and shampoo. I'm already allergic to dust, mold, pollen, trees and especially grass. I'm hoping to continue the shots on a regular basis starting next week. I pray that this will get rid of my sinus pressure and allergy headaches once and for all!

Lexie is doing well and staying healthy. She's growing like a weed. I'm guessing she's around 14-15 pounds now. Her 4 month checkup is in 2 weeks.

So, after all the sickness that's been hitting us, we did the only thing we could... prayed. Hard! I'm hoping that those of you who are prayer warriors will pray for our family, too. After Marty prayed and read some key verses about healing in the Bible, my spirit felt so much lighter! Thank God that I woke up this morning feeling stronger and healthier. God is good, and apparently we're doing something right for the enemy to want to attack so badly! God bless you all!

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club (about glycerin). I finally gave up and started desensitizing with glycerin drops on a daily basis -- it's plain too hard to find products that are glycerin (and -- in my case -- coconut) free. Also, make sure you don't eat breads that contain glycerin -- a lot of them do (di-glycerides, etc)... It's a pain at first, but it's good to know what makes you sick, and what brands don't have those things... Tim calls soy "death bean" and coconut "death nut", because they make me so sick :) I hope you feel better.
Anya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home