Friday, December 12, 2008

Diapers. Who Needs 'Em?

I forget to mention another little mishap that Luke enjoys... taking off his diaper. Twice now after I've put him in for a nap, he gets really quiet. Then after about 10 minutes I hear "Uh oh, Mommy. Uh oh!" The first time I ignored him thinking it was a ploy to get up, but I know better now. Sure enough, when I went in there everything from his bed, including his pants and diaper, was on the floor. All that was left was the sheet. When I asked him why he did that, he said "Wet."

I suppose it's a good thing that he's beginning to dislike being wet so he'll go more on the potty. Who knows how long he was half naked in there, though, because after he took off his diaper he had peed on the bed! Thank God I have 5 crib sheets, and he does like to sit on the big potty. He's been asking to go potty about once or twice a day up to this point, so hopefully we can encourage him to go before he goes in his diaper.

After baths Luke likes to take off and run naked around the house. He just laughs and laughs. And sometimes he just stands in the middle of the living room and takes off his clothes.

Sooo.... how do I keep a diaper on my 2-year-old?

4 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a "Great Kid" sure makes an old man proud.(:o)

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Skerrib said...

Duct tape??

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that duct tape does work...

Pretty funny though - maybe not for you! Good story. : )

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wet" is not too bad, believe me. I had 3 poopy diapers handed to me like that in the past two weeks. Very helpful, I guess, (at least according to Alanna), but cleaning THAT mess is no fun at all (according to me)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home