Friday, January 04, 2008

24 Week Ultrasound Update

Well, Dr. Banias wanted to do another ultrasound to check Lexie's growth. Apparently she's measuring a little on the big side: 77th percentile. She now weighs 2 lbs and is approximately 13.3" long from head to toe. She's very healthy, moves like crazy and is defintely a girl!

Something we have to keep an eye on though is the fact that I have fluid building up above my cervix. Dr. Banias said it's probably just mucus which is normal. Apparently that is the reason for all the extreme pressure and soreness I keep feeling down low. At this point there is no cause for concern since my cervix is still long and only a few millimeters dilated; He'd be concerned if it starts to shorten because then it would be a sign of pre-term labor. He's monitoring me very closely. Thank God for ultrasound technology!

A very good thing is that if I had to deliver early, the baby would survive since we're into the 24th week.

So, my next appointment will be in 3 weeks. In the meantime, anytime I feel that extreme pressure, I'm supposed to lie down. Sitting isn't enough because my entire upper body is still putting pressure on my cervix. So, I'm trying to lie down more, which is a bit tricky with a toddler running around. Luke thinks it's great fun to climb up and sit on me when I'm lying on my side on the couch! Thank God for a sweet husband who's a huge help in the afternoon and evenings!

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Skerrib said...

Lexie had better just stay put and wait her turn! Keep racking up those weeks...glad things are looking good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home