Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lexie's 4 Month Checkup

Lexie now weighs 14 pounds, which is the 75th percentile, and the crazy thing is that Luke weighed 15 pounds at this age. I think she seems bigger than him because she's shorter. She is 24" long and her head circumference is 42 cm. She's very healthy, other than the acid reflux and itchy skin on her head. We had lots of screaming once her tylenol wore off after the shots. Thank God she settled down and we had a nice long walk last evening, which Luke loved.

I guess I won't get to update this blog as often as I'd like now that I have 2 kids under age 2. Life is very busy. I barely get to check my email once a week, so I know it's unrealistic to expect to get to write something here regularly. (If you need to reach me quickly, it's best to call me at home instead of emailing!) Oh well. I'm hoping things will get better once Lexie decides she doesn't need to eat every 4 hours at night. Some nights it's every 3 hours, so I'm exhausted most days and have to nap when they do. Thank God for that option!

For any of you with one child who are considering having a second... I recommend waiting until your first one is at least 2 years old before getting pregnant again. I think that having them 2 1/2 to 3 years apart would be ideal. Then the first born would understand better why you have to hold the baby so much and about nursing all the time. (Susan said that having hers 3 1/2 years apart is great.) Just something to consider...

Well, it's 9:30 pm and both kids are asleep, so I'd better go to bed myself. If Lexie does what she did the last couple of nights, she'll be up at 1:00 am and then again at 4 or 5. Please pray that I'll get to sleep longer than a 4 hour stretch sometime soon! Thanks!

1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber - how bizarre is this - Isabelle had the same exact stats as Lexie at her 4 month checkup! (14 lbs 4 oz, 24" & 42 head cm)

She is now about 22 lbs (well according to me weighing her) and wearing 9 & 12 month clothing. She really fits 12 month perfectly, but there are some 9 month outfits that work! ; )

Yes, Isabelle will be at least 3, maybe 4 when baby number 2 comes along... I just don't want to have another baby in Omaha!

Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home