Monday, November 10, 2008

Lexie Slept 8:30 to 6:00!

I'm so thrilled that Lexie is sleeping better. I actually got both kids in bed between 8:30 and 9, which was quite nice. It gave me time to relax in the evening for a couple of hours. Time to myself... what a luxury!

Lexie was fussing at 5:00 am when Marty got up for work, so I popped her binky back in and she slept another hour. Then she wanted to play and talk. Go figure. (I though she'd be starving since she hadn't eaten for almost 10 hours!) She just wanted to hang out in her bouncy seat and start the day watching a Baby Einstein video.

That Fisher Price rocking bouncy seat is awesome! It's really secure and she's slept in it many a night. I was even able to lie back down for another hour. This gave me a grand total of almost 8 hours of sleep As Marty would say, "Woohoo!"

I ended up feeding Lexie at 7 am. I tried nursing her, but she's pretty much weaning herself. She prefers a bottle now and is too busy looking at everything going on around her to nurse. We've been giving her formula during the day for the past month or so already, so I think we'll be done nursing very soon. I don't mind at all, especially because it's easier to feed her a bottle when I'm busy chasing Luke.

Luke got up at 8:15 this morning, and I'm very happy with that. Right after the time change last weekend, both kids were up at 6 or 6:30 for several days which was killing me!

So we're all good here. After having kids, I will never take sleep for granted ever again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home