Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Uh oh... please pray...

I just took Luke's temperature and it's up to 103.6. Please pray for it to go down and for him to get better quickly.

I'm getting ready to call the pediatrician. It seems we don't have to worry unless it goes over 104....

The nurse said that a rectal temperature reads 1 degree higher than it really is, so it's 102.6, which is still high. She recommended a tepid bath which brought it down initially, but it's slowly climbing back up. I need to keep giving him lots of water and juice and cut back on the milk which may upset his stomach.

Thank goodness Nikki is lending me her temporal artery thermometer which will make it easier to monitor Luke.

He's just lying here on the couch watching videos. He's so lethargic that it's kind of scary. The nurse said I didn't need to worry unless it hit 105. Please keep praying, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home