Friday, January 26, 2007

A crazy baby sleep schedule

We're trying to get Luke on a regular eating and sleeping schedule, but so far no luck. It will go smoothly 2-3 days in a row, and then everything changes. This week it appears he's going through a growth spurt.

Luke slept 10-6:30 Monday night, then was up every three hours to eat on Tuesday night, then slept from 9-7 on Wednesday night. Last night, he was up at 4 am and drank 9 ounces! He must be growing. I've been trying to feed him and put him down for the night by 9ish, but it doesn't always work. He still doesn't take regular naps either. He'll catnap 2-3 times a day for only 30-40 minutes at a time.

Oh well. Tomorrow I'll pick up the book 'Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child' from the library. It was highly recommended by both Anya and Melinda. Based on Luke's crazy schedule I definitely need to read it!

If anyone has any suggestions for the best way to get a 4-month-old on a regular schedule, please email me! Thanks!

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger janiners said...

hey girl! crazy sleep schedules, huh? a friend of mine recommended On Becoming Babywise and it is working really well for us. you might just check it out and see what you think. I've kept my baby/parenting/how-to book reading to a minimum for my own sanity, but I have enjoyed this one pretty well. glad to hear most everything else is going well and that Luke is growing so well and healthy! blessings as you continue on in these early days of mommyhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home