Monday, February 25, 2008

I am so tired these days!

I've only gained 25 pounds so far this pregnancy, but I think it's all gone to the baby! I haven't swollen up like I did with Luke, but I feel like I'm carrying all the extra weight right out in front. I get so tired if I walk too long or even sit upright too long. I've gotten fairly dependent on those regular afternoon naps; otherwise my hips ache and the pressure on my pelvis gets painful. Thank God Luke is so good at playing by himself and enjoys bringing me toys to play with him so I don't have to get up so much.

I went to an all-day scrapbooking event on Saturday, and I guess it wasn't such a good idea after all. (Hindsight is always 20/20!) The chairs were padded, and they even had couches in the lobby so I laid down a couple of times for about 20 minutes, but it wasn't enough. I was so sore by the time I got home that evening that I couldn't get comfortable no matter what I tried. I tossed and turned all night and hardly got any sleep. It seemed that just when I'd finally find a comfy position, Lexie wouldn't like it and she'd start kicking; so I'd have to shift to get her to settle back down.

By morning I was very groggy. Luke was up by 7:45 and I told Marty I had to go back to sleep. Fortunately, Luke went in for his nap at 9:15 am, and I promptly fell asleep, too. I finally got a sound 2 hours of sleep, but Luke slept for 4 hours! That's his longest nap ever; I'm guessing he had a growth spurt. So, all in all, it worked out well for Luke and I that we stayed home from church to rest.

We won't make it to church next weekend either, because Marty and I are going to the Weekend to Remember marriage conference, and Luke will be staying with grammy and poppy. I'm praying that I won't be hurting too bad during each of the sessions. Fortunately, there's lots of breaks, and it will be worth it for our marriage. We both love going to this conference each year. It always brings us closer to each other and closer to the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home