Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sickness at our House

Just when I thought I was getting better my cold turned into bronchitis. Sunday I had a fever and chills and felt really bad. Fortunately, my OB called in antibiotics for me right away. And thank God for my sister, Holly, being here to help with Luke so I could sleep.

I'm slowly starting to feel better, but am still not sleeping very well. The drainage and coughing keeps me up, but I'm hanging in there. And then Lexie likes to practice her gymnastics after 11:00 pm, which makes it tricky to fall asleep!

Poor Luke is sick now, too. His fever was 101.3 yesterday so I took him to the pediatrician. It looks like he has an upper respiratory infection, but since it's viral he doesn't need antibiotics. We're treating the symptoms while it runs its course. Poor baby... he's been miserable. Whiny and feverish with his nose running down his face. He lost his appetite, too. He'll only eat fruit and drink milk, but the doctor said that's fine as long as he keeps drinking fluids.

At least Marty's sickness was short-lived. He was a mess on Friday with fever and chills, but got better over the course of the weekend.

Thanks to all of you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home