Monday, September 01, 2008

Thoughts on Sleeping at Night

I'm a very light sleeper, which is why I'm seriously considering moving Lexie to the back room at our house. Of course, she wakes up so often during the night that I'd be constantly running back & forth checking on her, so I may have to wait a little longer to move her. Right now she's in our room, and I wake up at every little sound she makes, even when it's a time she might put her self back to sleep. I try not to let her cry for long since Marty has to get up most days at 5:00 am and I don't want her to wake him up. Having her in our room is very conveniet, though, for all those night-time feedings.

I usually nurse her lying down in bed and sometimes manage to dose off, but not for very long. I don't sleep well with her next to me, and sleep much deeper knowing she's in her own bed.

Luke was a good sleeper and easy to get on a regular night-time schedule right from the start. He'd go to sleep by 10 or 11, then get up once to eat around 4:00 am from the time he was one month old until 4 months old. Then, at about 5 months, he starte sleeping through the night from about 11-7.

Lexie, on the other hand, doesn't do the same eating and sleeping schedule from one night to the next... even when I try to feed her around 9:00, and then again at 11:00 pm to top her off. She seems like she's starving every 3-4 hours, and sometimes it's every 3.

Last night she ate at 10:30 pm, and then was crying at 12:15 am. I figured there was no way she could be hungry again and just tried to swaddle her and put her bink back in, but she wanted to nurse and ended up eating for 20 minutes. Then she ate at 3:00 am, and was up again at 6:15. She really doesn't sleep well at all, either at night or during the day.

That's all for now... she's crying again. Thank God Luke still takes one good 2-3 hour nap every day!

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Skerrib said...

Doggone it, it sounds like she just does things her way and won't hear about any thing else! The only thing I've heard about the kiddos that don't like to sleep is that eventually they outgrow it. Not much help now though! Wish I had something more surefire...good luck.

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber, I remember that you were thinking of having her in the living room (next to the hallway that leads to the bedrooms)... could you put the crib there? this way it wouldn't be too far of a walk, and yet she would be far enough not to keep you awake... just a thought. (i didn't call back today because i was at work -- i work mornings now -- maybe we could get together in the afternoon)... Anya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home