Sunday, January 28, 2007

Helping Luke Sleep Regularly

I've gotten some great suggestions to getting Luke to sleep regularly through the night. I think the key is making sure he's getting enough to eat throughout the day.

Several friends, as well as the pediatrician, recommend giving Luke some rice cereal right before bedtime. It takes longer to digest so he'll feel full longer. We tried this last night and he seemed to like it. He was up later that I'd planned, but he did sleep from 11 pm to 7 am, so I'm not complaining!

I've also had some recommendation on letting him cry it out in the middle of the night when he wakes up. The child weighs over 15 pounds, so it's not as if he's starving. My sister said it only look one night of Ashley crying for 2 hours when she was this age, and then she slept 10-12 hours a night after that. I think we're going to try this as well.

Oops, more later... Luke is fussing... gotta go!

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of several people doing the rice cereal trick...I'm glad he liked it! A nurse reminded me you can try pretty much anything once without ruining the kiddo...maybe the cry it out will work...good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home