Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lexie's 2 Week Checkup

Lexie is definitely a good eater. She's now up to 8 lbs 6 oz and in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference. Usually by 2 weeks old, they're happy to see her back up to her birth weight, but she's a whole pound past that! She's only in the 15th percentile for height (19.5" long), but so is her big brother. What can I say? We're all short in our family!

My neck is completely healed now, but I'd like to ask for more prayers for Lexie to sleep more at night. She seems to have her days and nights mixed up, which means I'm only getting my sleep in 1 1/2 - 2 hour increments at night... not nearly enough. I'm feeling quite out of it.

Last night she went to sleep at 11:30 pm, was up from 1 - 1:30, then from 3 - 5, then from 7 - 7:30. Yuck! Talk about being out of it! But I still have my appetite, thank goodness! And the night before she went to bed at the same time, then was up from 3:30 - 4, then from 6:30 - 7. Go figure. Thank God for mom coming over to watch both kids so I could take a nap this morning!

The pediatrician said the days and nights usually get corrected between 2-4 weeks of age. She said not to worry... Lexie will figure it out soon. I long for the first few nights home from the hospital when she slept for 3 - 4 hour stretches at night. That was awesome. We're hanging in there, though. I'm trying to wake her up frequently during the day and feed her every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Then we're keeping the lights dim and the house quiet at night so she begins to figure out it's time to sleep.

Please pray that the sleep issue will get better quickly. I vaguely remember how rough the first 4 - 5 weeks with Luke were.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well... except for sleep that is! We are having sleep issues as well. Isabelle is not a big napper. I am working on a schedule, but she has her own plans! I hope you get some sleep soon!! I don't miss those days - well the sleep - I do miss how tiny she was!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home