Monday, June 23, 2008

Mastitis

Well, it looks like I have mastitis. I've been feeling really run down with a bad sore throat with swollen glands for the past couple of days. I was also having a lot of pain nursing Lexie on my right side. Then last evening in the shower I noticed large red patches that were hot to the touch on my right breast. I checked online and these are all classic symptoms of mastitis, which is a bacterial infection.

I have a call in to my OB. I'm hoping they'll call in the antibiotic so I don't have to spend $15 on an office visit. Apparently, that's the only way to cure this. I also need to get plenty of rest and drink tons of water.

Thank God my sister is on her way to pick up both kids for the afternoon. All I feel like doing is going right back to bed. (Please pray that Lexie will drink the bottle of pumped breastmilk for my sister!)

I'm calling in lots of favors this week to help with the kids, especially since we're having our annual garage sale Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately we can't reschedule because Marty already took those days off work.

Please pray that I'll get the medicine right away and that it will kick in quickly so I'll start feeling better tomorrow. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home