Thursday, September 04, 2008

Better Sleep at Last!

Well, I discovered that the key to me sleeping better is moving Lexie out of our room. The past 2 nights she has slept in the living room in her bouncy seat, and I slept much more soundly. She sleeps quite well in that thing, but usually goes to bed just fine in her crib. She's still waking once to twice a night, but now I'm not waking to every little sound she makes. A lot of her noises are made while she's asleep, so I think I made matters worse by getting her when she wasn't really waking up.

Tuesday night I even let her cry for a bit at bedtime to learn to put herself to sleep. I figured she had to learn sometime, and she had a clean diaper and had just eaten. It only took 10 minutes and she was out! Yay! (Thanks, Anya!)

I've also decided to give Lexie a bottle for her middle of the night feeding for a couple of reasons: It worked well for Luke; I'd rather she didn't just nurse then simply because she enjoys it; and it should fill her stomach better. Sure enough, these last 2 nights she's eaten only 2 ounces of formula and then gone right back to sleep. So she's not really hungry at 3:00 or 4:00 am; she just likes to nurse!

We're moving her crib to the back room today, so that will be where she'll sleep until she's a little older. It should work out well.

Please keep praying for us, though; we all have colds. Boy, does Lexie scream when I have to suction her nose! Thanks for all the prayers for a solution to better sleep; I believe we are on the right track.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Skerrib said...

Alright! Glad you found some things that work--enjoy the zzzz's. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home