Monday, September 22, 2008

Luke's 2 Year Checkup

Luke went to the doctor today and fortunately didn't need to get any shots. He weighs a whopping 24.5 pounds and is a whole 32" tall. He's in the 10th percentile for weight and 15th for height. Oh well... so he's small for his size. But he's in the 85th percentile for his head circumference!

The pediatrician gave us a great idea for getting rid of Luke's binky. She had us put the 7 extra ones away and simply cut the entire tip off one and give it to him. He just looked at it, tried to put it in his mouth, sucked air, and handed it back to me. That was it. He picked it up a couple of times this evening and tried to suck on it, but it just wouldn't work. He said 'binky, binky' and I told him they were all gone and he seemed to accept that.

I thought we'd have a meltdown for sure at bedtime, but it didn't happen. He asked for a binky and I told him they were gone. I was going to give him the broken one but we couldn't find it. I put him to bed with his 2 blankets, toy motorcycle, stuffed monkey and giant Barney, and he laid right down. (He's a little bit OCD about taking all this stuff to bed!) It ended up taking him an hour to fall asleep, but he never cried. I heard him talking and playing, and every once in a while he called for me. I ignored him and he eventually fell asleep. I'm hoping that's the end of needing a binky!

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Skerrib said...

I think his size is just right...happy & healthy boy!

Good idea on the binky! I'm glad it worked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home