Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fighting off Something

Luke and I seem to be fighting off something. Luke has had a cough for a few days now, but doesn't have a fever. He seems to be feeling okay... just a little bit more whiny than usual. He's sleeping really well at night... 11-12 hours straight, which is awsome.

Lexie is sleeping much better at night. She's been sleeping 8-4:30 or 5, which was a little rough for me. But last night she slept 8-6:30. Thank God! I actually got 7 hours straight of sleep last night. I'm just dragging and feel a bit achy. I got over the mastitis but seem to be fighting off something else. It feels as though I may never be completely caught up on sleep.

Luke is talking more than ever. He's asking me to name things for him. He points to something and asks, "This?". It's a lot of fun. I just wish he'd eat better. He is the pickiest eater. He's crazy about milk and juice, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to eat anything other than fruit.

He used to eat all kinds of stuff, especially veggies. It seemed to change around the time Lexie was born. I'm trying all kinds of tricks but not much works. He'll eat something, like yogurt, for 3 days in a row. Then he won't touch it again for weeks. He'll seem to like something a few times then doesn't want it again, so it's frustrating. Oh well.

Other than that, we're good. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Amber, I hope you feel better soon. I know exactly what you mean about Luke's eating habits. It must be something about the age of two, because Olivia does the same thing. She will want the same thing every meal for a few days, so we stock up and then she refuses to eat it. I'm trying now to keep from asking her any question that she can answer with a no. So, instead of saying "do you want this?", I'm putting three or four different things in front of her and asking "These are your choices. Which one do you want?" It seems to have helped a little or maybe we've just gotten lucky so far. Only time will tell, I suppose. Olivia also likes milk, so I've tried giving her the milk last instead of putting it on her tray first or only giving her a small amount instead of a full cup. I think she was drinking so much of it that she wasn't hungry for anything else. If you find anything that works, let me know! Melinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home