Sunday, October 05, 2008

Finally... a few minutes to myself!

Lexie is such an inconsistent napper. Sometimes, though, like now, she sleeps when Luke naps. Then I'm torn about what to to with my time: housework, sit and read, or a quick nap? Such a tough decision! (As you can see, I've opted for computer time since I haven't been online in over a week!)

Luke has been napping less and less. It's usually an hour and a half to 2 hours long. Oh well. I figure it's better than no nap at all, because that boy takes a lot of energy. He sure is fun, though!

I'm trying to find things that cost little or no money to do with the kids through the cold winter months. Boonshoft may work occasionally, but Luke wants to do all the big kid stuff, and it's tricky with the baby, too.

All you stay-home moms in my area: let me know if you'd like to schedule regular play-dates (either weekly or every other week) alternating meeting at my house and yours. Luke goes nuts if he can't go outside or bye-bye on a regular basis; he simply bounces off the walls. I figure it will give you a place to visit as well.

I may end up taking the kids for walks around the mall a lot... ending with the play areas which have come in very handy. Luke is okay in the stroller as long as we keep moving and aren't actually shopping!

I'm open to suggestions for things to do with a rambunctious toddler in the winter time. Playing in the snow will be tricky with a baby along, although I can probably bundle us all up and go for walks when it's not ridiculously cold outside.

That's all for now!

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Sara M. said...

I highly recommend a children's museum membership with two small kids. It saved me last winter, when I had three little ones that I didn't want to try and take anywhere! It's nice to take them somewhere that they can run around, you know they're safe, and contained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home